Applying for the CNP designation
The application process is designed to include the verification of the major areas of emphasis needed to be a professional in the area of Information Technology. You may submit your CNP application by postal mail, fax, or email.
The CNP program requires that you be a current professional member of the Network Professional Association. You can join the NPA as part of the application process. Requires agreement to and be bound by the Network Professional Association Code of Ethics.
In addition to providing personal contact and payment information you should prepare the following information and collect supporting documentation:
- APPLICANT PROFILE INFORMATION - personal and work contact information, title, salary, industry category and type
- Form of Payment - Check or Credit Card (complete card holder information required)
- Experience validation - Experience credits are assigned for professional level work as determined by CNP Guidelines. Some examples of professional work activities would include: network systems analysis and design, network data base analysis or administration, network systems programming, web development, network hardware design, telecommunications, network systems planning or analysis, network security design and analysis, research involving networking, management of networking activities, maintenance where network design or analysis is included, teaching networking at a professional level, sales or marketing where professional level network recommendations are required. You will be required to list then provide documents validating the experience hours, e.g., employer letter.
- Education validation - Education credits are assigned for completion of any of the widely recognized certification programs from Major Vendors and the Open Source Community and for an IT related degreed program from an accredited institution. A minimum of 100 points are required for qualification of meeting the standards for entry as a CNP. You will be required to list then provide documents validating the education hours, e.g., transcripts, letter, certificates.
- Incentive Information - If applying using an incentive, you will be required to provide validation of membership and conditions of the incentive.
- Core Fundamentals - You will be required to show evidence of completing an Accepted Core Fundamentals Exams.
- Employment validation - As part of work experience verification you will need to contact your employer(s), and have them email, mail, fax, or call the CNP Program to verify work experience.
Certified Network Professional Code of Ethics - You will be required to agree to and be bound by the
Certified Network Professional Code of Ethics.
The CNP Application form (MS Word) with fees, can be found following this link.
The CNP program was developed and funded by the Network Professional Association® (NPA). The NPA is a self-regulating, non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the network computing profession.
© Copyright Network Professional Association® 1996-2013. All Rights Reserved.
NPA Privacy Statement