Applying for the CNP designation
The application process is designed to include the verification of the major areas of emphasis needed to be a professional in the area of Information Technology. You may submit your CNP application by postal mail, or email.
The Certified Network Professional program requires that you be a current professional member of the Network Professional Association. Your NPA memebrship is included as part of the application process.
In addition to providing personal contact and payment information you will be required to prepare information and collect supporting documentation: proof of certification, proof of employment in information technology, references.
The Certified Network Professional (CNP) designation is only awarded to IT professionals who demonstrate significant professional achievement in IT documented by a combination of professional level work, professional certification, and academic accreditation, and adherence to ethical standards.
- Make payment for CNP application, $350. This fee covers the Network Professional Association® (NPA) membership and Certified Network Professsional application fee. You have the option of paying by credit card or make payment with mailed application. Either way start the process online:
If you are already an NPA Professional member in good standing, thank you. You will upgrade your membership to include the Certified Network Professional status.
If you are a NPA Community member or otherwise registered in the NPA, begin your application through online registration renewal and fees payment to become an NPA Professional member with CNP status or Associate CNP status (for those not yet able to meet all certification requirements).
If you are not yet an Network Professional Association (NPA) member, begin your application as an NPA Professional with CNP status through online registration and fees payment at the Network Professional Association.
- Congratulations on completing step 1. You are a current member of the Network Professional Association. Collect the NPA member ID from the registration summary, your email confirmation or your NPA Member Login page.
- Review the CNP Program Guidelines to assist you in completing the CNP application (next step)
- Download and complete the CNP Application form (Microsoft Word document) then post or email to CNP@NPA.org
- APPLICANT PROFILE INFORMATION - personal and work contact information, title, salary, industry category and type
- Experience validation - Experience credits are assigned for professional level work as determined by CNP Guidelines. Some examples of professional work activities would include: network systems analysis and design, network data base analysis or administration, network systems programming, web development, network hardware design, telecommunications, network systems planning or analysis, network security design and analysis, research involving networking, management of networking activities, maintenance where network design or analysis is included, teaching networking at a professional level, sales or marketing where professional level network recommendations are required. You will be required to list then provide documents validating the experience hours, e.g., employer letter.
- Education validation - Education credits are assigned for completion of any of the widely recognized certification programs from Major Vendors and the Open Source Community and for an IT related degreed program from an accredited institution. A minimum of 100 points are required for qualification of meeting the standards for entry as a CNP. You will be required to list then provide documents validating the education hours, e.g., transcripts, letter, certificates.
- Incentive Information - If applying using an incentive, you will be required to provide validation of membership and conditions of the incentive.
- Core Fundamentals - You will be required to show evidence of completing an Accepted Core Fundamentals Exams.
- Employment validation - As part of work experience verification you will need to contact your employer(s), and have them email, mail, or call the CNP Program Program (NPA 888-672-6720) to verify work experience.
- Certified Network Professional Code of Ethics - You will be required to agree to and be bound by the Certified Network Professional Code of Ethics.
- Ethics Validation - The CNP program includes on going education in professional ethics for the Certified Network Professional. The IT Professional has the option of taking an approved education classes in Professional Ethics as Related to IT, or submitting an article or journal paper addressing an ethics topic.
Refund PolicyA significant amount of work is required to process and approve applications. CNP application fees are non-refundable: Refund/Cancellation Policy
The CNP program was developed and funded by the Network Professional Association® (NPA), a self-regulating, non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the network computing profession.
© Copyright Network Professional Association® 1996-2023.
All Rights Reserved.
NPA Privacy Statement